In this blog post, we will be talking about prep tips for smoother scanning. There are many benefits to having a soft scanner, and writing prep tips can help you achieve them! So what are the advantages of knowing these prep tips? By following these document prep tips, your documents will be scanned more smoothly and accurately.
If you are in Fresno and you are looking for a Copier in Fresno for your business, you may contact Clear Choice Technical Services in Fresno. You can ask about Copier Leasing Services in Fresno, Copier rental services in Fresno, and Copier Repair in Fresno.
What are the 8 document prep tips for smoother scanning?
- Use black ink for text and a single colour of highlighter to highlight dates, prices or other important information. Avoid using multiple colours as this can confuse the scanner.
- Place all prep documents in order on top of one another with their edges lined up, so they are ready to be scanned
- Put prep documents into a binder clip before scanning them so that they don’t get skewed while being scanned
- Be careful when handling prep documents because scanners may damage the paper by crushing it or smudging ink from hands onto it if not handled properly
- Try reducing glare by turning off lights and closing blinds, turn monitor brightness down, and use a desk lamp
- Use an anti-static tablecloth or place prep documents on top of the scanner glass to prevent static from damaging prep document surfaces when scanned
- Scan prep docs one by one. Don’t overload the scanner with too many documents at once unless it is specifically designed for high volume scanning. This may damage your device and cause issues while trying to load paper into the feed tray
- It’s best to have approximately nine pages per sheet so that you can fit three sheets onto each side of the page when loading them into the feed tray
Why should we have document prep tips?
- It reduces the risk of potential errors when scanning without preparing your papers first or if you don’t know what guidelines to follow while performing this task.
- Reduced chances for mistakes happening with scans, such as dropping sheets or ripping pages during the loading process into the feed tray because they were too crowded. This will cause more work and wasted paper as well as lost time.
- It also helps if there are special requirements for your scan items, such as scanning in colour or grayscale instead of black and white, making sure the document is scanned on a flat surface without any extra paper supporting it at times when loading into the scanner feed tray (this will cause pages easier to flip through), etc.
- Reducing the risk for damages to documents, pages getting ripped or sheets stuck together while scanning one after another infeed tray (this will make it harder to read text). This is especially important if you check sensitive information such as legal documents, birth certificates, passports, etc.
What are the advantages of having smooth scanner/ document prep tips?
- It can be easier to read the text on pages because a frame did not cut off words. Scanning long documents will take less time than scanning individually and assembling an electronic copy from multiple scans (this is helpful when working with large documents).
- Improving file quality of scanned material because scanner mirrors images more accurately, removing distortion caused by printers or photocopiers that compress pixels during printing. This also reduces pixelation, making it easier for us to see small details such as writing between letters, lines dividing up paragraphs etc.
- Improved clarity at more minor scales: Text becomes more apparent. We do not need to zoom in for a clearer view.
- Easier reading experience: Text becomes easier on our eyes because it is much less pixelated, and we do not have to squint as hard to see the words and writing between letters.
- Faster scanning process: When documents are scanned at higher resolutions, they take up more space which can be challenging both during prep work (scanning) and when viewing them later on with email providers or social media platforms where they need that extra time to open/load.
Will these tips guarantee having a smooth scanner?
No, but it will help prevent any of those issues from happening.
Create an OCR file:
This process can save prep work time when scanning documents because you create word files for the text and images already in the scans.
Scan at 300 dpi or higher resolution: The higher the scan, the better off we are with fewer pixelated lines and colours on a page, which helps to make reading more accessible and more pleasurable!
Use an original scanner with higher quality resolution than PC scanners:
This ensures that there will be no pixelation or lines on the page from lower resolutions of scanning machines.
Lastly, prep tips should also include how long it takes to prep all these items before they are ready for our clients’ use. The prep time can range between 30 minutes to 45 minutes, depending on which machine is used.